Monday, March 7, 2011

I Love Irish Boys




I can't believe it is almost the middle of March already! Did I really just say that?! I don't think you will ever hear me say that this deployment has gone by quickly but I can tell you that what will end up being 9 months without Farrell has been barable thanks to my little buddies known as the Sullivan bros. They are awesome. Just when you think you can't take any more from life, life shows you what's really important...for example:

It was the end of a 12 hour work day. I came home and Brendan needed to be changed. Brendan was upset, I was upset, he was crying, I was crying and I was trying to change a dirty diaper with poop going everywhere when Danny came into the bathroom with a toy and Brendan's drink. He sat down beside him, rubbed his head and said, "It's okay little buddy, momma's just trying to wipe your poop off. Don't cry." Brendan stopped crying and so did I.

Or

After having a pretty rough day with Peter I had to spank him. Agh. I hated it...I didn't want to do it but nothing was working on the kid....then I left him in his room to cool off. After a few minutes, I went up to see him and we had a good talk. I told him that there would be many times I would ask him to do things he didn't want to do...but that I wasn't trying to be mean but trying to make him into a boy who could be anything he wanted...which was why I needed him to eat right, get good sleep, do his homework, be a polite and loving boy...so he could be anything he wanted to be. I then asked him what he wanted to be...he said, "what daddy is. I want to be like daddy." Those days, while hard, are amazing.

Or

After a long day at work, nothing beats cuddling with the biggies (as I call the two older boys) on my bed reading a book like Mars Needs Moms. This book is about a mother who is captured by Martians and her son goes to Mars to save her. He almost dies without his space helmet but his mom gives him hers so he can live even though she will die. The best part? I ask the boys coyly, “would I do that for you?” They both answer, “of course momma, you love us to the end of the universe and back!”

I sure do. I love my Irish boys. All five of them. To the end of the universe and back.

1 comment:

  1. Marta, you are amazing! Thanks for sharing; I'm so glad you have your adorable Irish boys to keep you smiling through the craziness... And you look awesome!!! Thanks for posting a belly pic :) Hope to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete