Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy First Birthday Joey!

Oh my goodness!  Look at my cake!

I want to eat that now!


Some one told me I look like my dad...do I?
Well, it seems like I always say it when I write birthday posts...where did the year go?  This time I know where it went.  It went by in a flash packed with vacations, moves, new and old friends, projects, and milestones.  It was a crazy year but truly wonderful!  I am really amazed at how fast they grow and become independent.  I am  torn because I can't wait to get rid of diapers (still a good two years off the way my kids potty train), love it when they feed themselves (better when they can pour their own milk) and I love it when they can use the remote by themselves.  Yet I will miss those chubby checks and thighs and the big belly that hangs over his shorts.  I will miss the big sloppy wet kisses and the baby babble.  I suppose I should not ask for time to go by any faster or slower...just enjoy the moment.  One day at a time.  We love you Mighty Joe!  Happy Birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment