Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Little Pigskin Anyone?


 
 

After a few throws in the back yard with Farrell, Peter decided he was ready to play football.  County starts kids at 7 so this year he was going to be old enough and we thought we would give it a try.  I have to be honest and say I wasn't sure how he would like it.  He is athletic but I wasn't sure about the contact...as it turns out, he had a defining moment on Saturday.  He is cornerback and since most pee-wee leagues just run the ball he doesn't see a lot of action.  However, sure enough, he found himself in a situation where he was the last line of defense.  I knew if he ran as fast as he could he could reach the guy.  I also knew that if he didn't catch him no one would blame him because the kid was that far in front of him.  I also knew that the last time Peter was in this scenario, the kid flicked him like a gnat and rocked Peter pretty hard.  What was he going to do?  Let this guy score?  Nope...he kicked it in and made the tackle.  I could not have been prouder.  I was screaming on the sideline like a crazed lunatic mother.  I was so proud.  I was so proud that he believed in himself and didn't give up.  Way to go Sully...you did it!

PS.  We were playing the defending champs and got stomped.  But it was a great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment