Saturday, September 19, 2015

I Married a straight up STUD!




A few months ago Farrell decided he was going to trim down.  He started running every day and switched his beer to Michelob Ultra (no joke) and he lost 20 pounds.  He also decided to enter a 12 hour ultra trail race (running).  I thought he was nuts but supported him.  Race day came and he was incredible.  The race started at 6 am-still dark-and ended at 6 pm.  The runners ran the same 6.2 mile loop over an over until time was up.  Farrell not only finished the race but he crushed the competition.  He was the 5th place male finisher and the 6th place finisher overall out of 100 racers!  He completed 52 miles in 11 hours and a little bit of change.  I couldn't be prouder.  It was a total team event...John and Nance were there to help crew for him and were in charge of his nutrition, Sue watched the kids, and I cheered him on.  It's never too late to pick up a new hobby!  We are so proud of you Sully!

No comments:

Post a Comment